If you are a foreign person who owns residential land in NSW, you must pay a land tax surcharge in addition to any land tax you already pay.

The surcharge will be 0.75% for the 2017 land tax year and 2% from the 2018 land tax year onwards.

You may be required to pay the surcharge even if you do not pay land tax.

If you are a foreign person with residential property in NSW, please contact your accountant, to ensure your status and residential land details are up to date with the NSW Revenue Office.