To be eligible, NSW-based businesses will need to:
- have between 1-19 employees as at 1 March 2020
- have a turnover of more than $75,000
- a payroll below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020,
- have experienced at least 75% decline in turnover compared to the same two-week period in 2019, as a result of COVID-19
- use the funding for unavoidable business costs such as utilities, overheads, legal costs and financial advice
- provide appropriate documentation upon application.
If you are a sole trader and you do not employ staff, you are not eligible for this assistance.
How to Apply
Applications are made through Service NSW. Click here to apply.
Following receipt of funds, eligible applicants may be required to demonstrate the decline in turnover was a result of COVID-19. Evidence could be in the form of, but not limited to:
- letter from your business accountant
- proof of reduced customer numbers
- proof of changes to business operations due to implementation of social distancing rules
- proof of increased costs associated with public health protection measures.
If you have any questions or concerns about this grant, and whether your business is eligible, please do not hesitate to contact us on (02) 9908 9888.